NATO, UNSCR 1325 and related Resolutions
- The Secretary General’s Special Representative for Women, Peace and Security at NATO Headquarters. This position was newly created in 2012, following an offer made by the Norwegian Government, and the post was made permanent from September 2014;
- A task force bringing together civilian and military staff across the Headquarters;
- A gender office (NATO Office on Gender Perspectives) and an advisory committee of experts (NATO Committee on Gender Perspectives) on the military side, tasked with promoting gender mainstreaming as a means of making the concerns and experiences of women and men alike an integral dimension of the design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, programmes and military operations;
- A working group led by ACO to assess means to further incorporate UNSCR 1325 and related Resolutions into operational planning and execution;
- Gender advisers deployed at different levels of NATO’s military command structure, including operational headquarters;
- A number of relevant committees that develop and review specific and overall policy.